BLESSINGS
This is my view as I write this blog. Joan and I are enjoying an incredible vacation at the beach as the result of the generosity of a friend. One of our favorite vacations is being on the edge of a continent or island looking at the ocean. So here we are. Ecstatic about this blessing. Jesus called for missionaries to leave father, mother, houses, lands and many more things. The incredible thing is that He offered to make it up to us in eternal life. Even more incredible is that He would also make it up to us in this life.
Luke 18:29-30 "And he said unto them, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or parents, or brethren, or wife, or children, for the kingdom of God’s sake, Who shall receive manifold more in this present time, and in the age to come life everlasting."
I would not recommend that you go into missions to become wealthy. And there is no promise as to how God is going to flesh that out that promise in your life. We are all different. There is a lot of sacrifice and hardship in becoming a missionary. But it
has been amazing to watch how God has fulfilled this promise to us. For a couple of little African missionary kids, Joan and I have gone a lot of places and had a lot of incredible experiences. We have stayed in homes we could never afford. Vacations that are a dream for most. We have friends and "family" all over the globe. We have multiple spiritual kids. We have had one fabulous life.

Speaking of life… now it is time to get back to reality. Next week begins a ten week marathon of back-to-back events from Atlanta to California. More about that later. Right now I plan to absorb a few more rays before heading home.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home