TREKKING

Going on "trek." That is the quintessential word for missionary life. I grew up with the word. Dad did "it" as a missionary in Nigeria. It is part of South African history. It flavors my thoughts of Africa. It is "the" word of my life. Pack up your tent and join me!

Monday, January 26, 2009

MOM


Last Sunday, my mother joined my Dad in heaven. At 90 years old, she lived a long and productive life. More than half of those were located in Nigeria in front-line missions work. As a registered nurse, she brought both physical and spiritual healing to thousands. She went to Nigeria as a single missionary where she met and married my dad. Pardon the quality of this picture, but it was taken 67 years ago in Africa. Oppressive heat and shipping film overseas for development make it a wonder we ever ended up with a photograph (remember the days before digital photography?). Her memorial service will take place next week in Sebring, Florida.

3 Comments:

Blogger Don Pfleger said...

Paul:

Sadden about hearing regarding your mother but know you rejoice in her heavenly home with our Lord and your father.

We shall be praying for you and the family.

Don Pfleger

4:17 PM  
Blogger mommaglo said...

What an incredible legacy she has left you and your family. She and your dad were always such a great source of blessing to us in our very early years in Elkhart. That would be more than 40 years ago!!! We will be praying for all of you. You are loved...
Gloria and Bill

PS I am going to visit my sister Nancy Kirkland in Antigua on Feb 12th!!

7:45 PM  
Blogger "Timeless Times" and mydebriefing.org said...

Paul< I apologise for not reading your blog earlier and for not sending my condolences for your loss of your Mom. It is interesting that both of our Moms lived in Sebring and both are home with the Lord and together with their husbands. I am sure that your Mom and Dad's love for each other, the Lord and for you will go on having a great impact and a play a meaningful role in your life. I love you brother and thank the Lord for you and your wife and children. I honour you for your faithful ministry - in all of its facets! I know your Mom and Dad were and are "proud" of you! Marc Sr.

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home