Many of us can name a handful of people who have had a major impact on our lives. Jack Davis is one of those men to me. Early this morning he surrendered to leukemia and won the victory of heaven. Jack was the one who recruited Joan and me for South Africa and helped us get set up there. Through the years he has been a mentor and inspiration. He was always fun to be with. He was always focused on his mission. He set the pace and lived as an example. I will greatly miss him.
TREKKING
Going on "trek." That is the quintessential word for missionary life. I grew up with the word. Dad did "it" as a missionary in Nigeria. It is part of South African history. It flavors my thoughts of Africa. It is "the" word of my life. Pack up your tent and join me!
Friday, June 12, 2009
Many of us can name a handful of people who have had a major impact on our lives. Jack Davis is one of those men to me. Early this morning he surrendered to leukemia and won the victory of heaven. Jack was the one who recruited Joan and me for South Africa and helped us get set up there. Through the years he has been a mentor and inspiration. He was always fun to be with. He was always focused on his mission. He set the pace and lived as an example. I will greatly miss him.

1 Comments:
I add my name to the list of people Jack influenced! I met him when he was a missionary on Guam (1982) and I was in the military.
I talked with him on the phone the weekend before he became ill and he was still "recruiting" for the mission field!
God used him. I will miss him.
Post a Comment
<< Home