TREKKING

Going on "trek." That is the quintessential word for missionary life. I grew up with the word. Dad did "it" as a missionary in Nigeria. It is part of South African history. It flavors my thoughts of Africa. It is "the" word of my life. Pack up your tent and join me!

Saturday, September 23, 2006

FOM



The Fellowship of Missions is an umbrella organization for mission agencies. It kinda-like-but-not-the-same-as an accreditation organization for colleges. It is a way for these agencies to partner, network, collaborate, fellowship and encourage each other. We are all trying to do the same thing, so it makes sense that we work together. Each year the leadership of these missions meet for a conference. This past week, we hosted this conference here in Atlanta. Our office is not large enough for this, so we met in a local church nearby. But the leg work and logistics was handled by our team at the office. The theme of was the subject of Islam. It was scary, sobering and challenging, all at the same time. We only have four missionaries in BMW specifically targeting Muslims. I am deeply challenged by what I heard this week to radically increase that number.


Also attending this conference were the two previous directors of BMW. Since we all live in different parts of the country, it is a rare occasion when we all three get together. Being with them was a reminder that at best, I have another decade of doing this present ministry. I would love to stay 55 years old for the rest of my life… but I guess that isn't possible. So, I'll stop writing and get back to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home