TREKKING

Going on "trek." That is the quintessential word for missionary life. I grew up with the word. Dad did "it" as a missionary in Nigeria. It is part of South African history. It flavors my thoughts of Africa. It is "the" word of my life. Pack up your tent and join me!

Friday, October 27, 2006

AROUND

I don't think I am going in circles... but then maybe I am. In the last couple weeks I have circled from a missions conference in Richmond, Virginia to a Pastors Summit in Lousiana, to a faculty meeting in Atlanta to a "change workshop" in North Carolina... and this week to a Bible College in Florida ending up in a missions conference in Alabama this weekend.

The Fall is a busy flurry of activity. It is prime time for travel to conferences, colleges and colleagues. One of the man services BMW provides to local churches is consulting. We provide several workshops on the topics of church based training, casting vision and managing change. Our passion is developing leaders. This is a critical component to success in missions. We cannot complete our job until others are filling our leadership shoes. This is such a foundational principle, yet most missionaries have never personally experienced church based training. Yet, we must be able to do this well. Our theory is that when sending churches are engaged in training leaders, missionaries from those churches will understand church based training and will hit the ground running when they get to the field. They will know how to train leaders in the church. So we are stirring that pot in churches here in America.

If you have never done it, may I encourage you to visit the BMW website: http://www.biblicalministries.org/ There is a lot more information about the workshops and services we provide for sending churches.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home