TREKKING

Going on "trek." That is the quintessential word for missionary life. I grew up with the word. Dad did "it" as a missionary in Nigeria. It is part of South African history. It flavors my thoughts of Africa. It is "the" word of my life. Pack up your tent and join me!

Sunday, December 24, 2006

Christmas




Christmas greetings to friends and family. I am bad at sending out birthday, anniversary and Christmas cards, so I hope this will slightly compensate for my deficiency in this department. I know… I know… this is a cop out… but could you humor my delusion of being part of the digital age?


This has been a fabulous year. Joan and I traveled to 10 different countries and saw much of the USA except the Northwest. I preached in 14 church missions conferences, visited 7 college campuses, participated in three cycles of candidate orientation, a pre-field orientation for departing missionaries, a Synergy conference at HQ, 3 Pastors Summits, an Area Director Retreat, three board meetings and conducted several weekend workshops at churches. Also I attended two conferences for pastors and the Fellowship of Missions conference for mission executives. And, I spent a few days in the office as well. It sure has been good to be home a few days. But I am ready to go again and look forward with enthusiasm to a new year.



We have thoroughly enjoyed the Christmas season. Joan does an incredible job of decorating our home… two trees, dozens of candles, lights and several center-pieces. And the food… we'll definitely have to do double duty at the gym after this.









We enjoyed an evening with our kids and Christmas day we are off to Tennessee to visit Joan's parents. Have a fabulous Christmas.








1 Comments:

Blogger Jack Buttram said...

Hi Paul and Joan --

We are not nearly as active as you are -- but I think we have reach tiredness sooner. [g] I have right here on my desk the beginnings of a Christmas letter Barb composed even with all the other stuff she does. And I promised I'd type it... but here it is..

We enjoy being a 'distant' part of the Mission... sorry we can't do more... but we love you all and try to keep informed.

All the best and besides the belated Merry Christmas -- Happy New Year!

Now if I can just remember my google name.

IN HIM

Jack

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home