TREKKING

Going on "trek." That is the quintessential word for missionary life. I grew up with the word. Dad did "it" as a missionary in Nigeria. It is part of South African history. It flavors my thoughts of Africa. It is "the" word of my life. Pack up your tent and join me!

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Seattle



I just completed a week in the Seattle area… first at an IFCA Regional pastors meeting and then the missions conference at Edgewood Bible Church. Both the regional and the church are high functioning, dynamic ministries. There is a great synergy among the churches in this regional, partially driven by the fact that they work together in church planting in this area. It was encouraging to see this. The missions conference at Edgewood was invigorating. What a joy to see a really good church and their enthusiasm and commitment to missions. They just took on 25% of two couples they are sending.

Now I am catching a “red-eye” back east to participate in Jack Matlack’s memorial service Monday afternoon in Pennsylvania. Jack was a charter member of BMW (actually the WEFM side of the mission). He has been part of our mission family since 1951. I’ll be joining Henry Heijermans as we celebrate a life that was characterized by faithfulness to the cause.

Then Tuesday… back to the west coast to be at the Shepherds Conference.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home