TREKKING

Going on "trek." That is the quintessential word for missionary life. I grew up with the word. Dad did "it" as a missionary in Nigeria. It is part of South African history. It flavors my thoughts of Africa. It is "the" word of my life. Pack up your tent and join me!

Thursday, January 25, 2007

SNOW


Joan and I have been in Germany this week. As you can see, we hoped for… and got snow. Arrival and departure days were bookends for a wonderful winter experience. Living in Atlanta doesn't give us much of this. So what a bonus to see 6-8 inches of the white stuff falling. We were here for a "Winter Workshop." It is an event designed to provide a mid-winter, charge your batteries kind of experience for missionaries working on the Continent. A pastor from Denver brought a series of messages on self-confrontation. The BMW training director taught on "situational leadership." And I led the group in some visioneering and strategizing for future ministry in Europe. Add to that, good German cooking and great camaraderie with co-workers and we ended up with a fabulous time.

Now we are off to South Africa where we'll trade winter snow for summer heat. It has been a couple of years since returning to our "homeland" so we are really looking forward to getting back. I'll check in with you later. We're off.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home